Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vintage Summer Table

Hi everyone!
After the 4th of July, there's still time for a few more get-togethers and gatherings with family and friends before the fall.

I'm back with another new tablescape. It all started with this pretty lace curtain I found at Vapor Thrift Store in Columbus, GA.


They have the best treasures! I bought three. I believe they still have more in the linens section if you want to have a look. I bought them since my dining table is square shaped and it is very difficult to find a square shaped tablecloth. In the past I have used pretty shower curtains. ( I just cut the section with the grommets and then sewed a new seam. Who says you can't dress a table with a curtain?

In addition, I headed over to my local hobby lobby and snatch 3 yards of grey-blue burlap. I also bought a role of burlap ribbon in a darker teal color. I placed the burlap underneath the lace curtain and used the burlap ribbon as a runner.


My favorite part of the table is the blue mason jar with sprigs of baby's breath. They add a light airiness to the table.

I'd like to use this tablescape to build a baby shower theme later this year. The basket can hold salt and pepper or maybe condiments.


I hope this post will inspire you to create your own table for your family to enjoy. Leave me a note.

Happy Planning!

~Jenny Meier~

4 comments:

  1. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    I love your table-scape . . . it's so pretty and fresh. The baby's-breath in the blue mason jar is my favorite! And your fourth photo looks so inviting. Wish I could stop by for a cup of tea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne!

    Thanks for your sweet, sweet comments. You are always welcome here. JM P.S. I hope you like English tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple yet beautiful tablescape! I love the lace on top of the burlap. Love the blue glasses and the blue ball jars. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Manuela,

    Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed finding all the little treasures and putting it together. Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...